Monday, September 14, 2015

CHICAGO UNSIGNED HYPE INTERVIEW W/ C-ZAR

Chicago Est.1837 Recently Caught Up With Rising Indie Artist "C-ZAR"
1. Introduce yourself & what you stand for as an artist.
I'm C-zar of Get Money Clan a.k.a. "The Clan". I come from a city south of the Chi called Kankakee, K3, or The Keez to those familiar. Needless to say I'm the leader of my Clan of Brothers and I don't use the term loosely. Those who know me know I'm BIG on Respect, Loyalty Integrity, and Knowledge, which is what The Clan is based on. When I say we are "Get Money Clan" I'm not merely speaking of Fiat Money, but rather the value of character we acquire, which Fiat Money can not buy. If you strip every dollar from me I'd still be one of the richest individuals you know because I build "money" or value through character, and I build with those who do the same. When you constantly Grow and Develop as a person the opportunities to make the Fiat Money will come, so we focus on building ourselves and relationships with those like us. That's what I mean by "Gettin' Money" when I represent Get Money Clan. We call that Clansh*t.
2. What inspired you to become a serious about your craft?
I've always been creative when it comes to writing but I never really though about taking music serious until I started feeling comfortable spitting to my closest partners and one of my Biggest supporters, my older brother who passed away. That's why you hear me say "RIP Lil Gordy" in many of my songs. It's my way of including him in something he encouraged me to do but was never able to witness. It's my way of keeping him with me I guess. They would all tell me how "Dope" a line or verse was or how something I said really hit home with them, but I kind of blew it off like they were just being supportive. Then they would put me on the spot in front of other people in random places and those people would all give the same love and tell me go hard with it for them. So I said to myself why not at least try to do it for real, if it doesn't work out, it wasn't meant to be. Safe to say it's seeming meant to be at this point.
3. Rather dead or alive what artist would be a dream collaboration for you?
A dream collaboration for me dead or alive would be Tupac, DMX, or Jadakiss. I relate to street story tellers, who have the character of guys I was taught and influenced by coming up. As a kid I always wanted to meet these guys in person and pick their brains even before I ever thought of rapping. I just respect them as a person.
4. How do you deal with writers block?
The way I deal with writers block is simply to live it. I'm not the type to just sit and write all day. I just live life and when a Dope producer sends me a fire track that pulls it out of me, I lay my life experiences down on the track. I get tunnel vision and just zone out to myself and before I know it, I've put together a verse or a song that I didn't really have to think too hard about. If I have to sit and think too hard it's either not me or its not ready to come out yet so I don't dwell on it too much.
5. Any projects, singles or videos we should be on the lookout for this year?
I recently dropped my first solo project which is an EP with 5 tracks titled "Before The Glory" available for download on Datpiff and many other online outlets shortly. I have a single we dropped prior to the EP called "I Live It", also on the Before The Glory EP, which I shot a video in my hometown Kankakee for at the end of August. The video will drop all over the Internet as well, late September or early October so be looking forward to that. I'm also working on a full length project which I will be giving more details about once I have a definite date. Stay tuned at www.GetMoneyClan.com
6. Where do you see yourself within this industry 3-5 years from now?
In the next 3-5yrs I see myself as one of the top names in this industry. Not just for being an artist but a business man as well. The goal is to Boss up and provide opportunities for others that come from what I come from, who are built like I'm built and Get Money. Clansh*t.
Follow His Progress...
IG/Twitter: Czar_of_GMClan
Website: www.GetMoneyClan.com

No comments:

Post a Comment