Sunday, June 1, 2014

SALUTE THE DJ INTERVIEW W/ "DJ JERZEYBOY"

Chicago EST.1837 recently caught up with popular mixtape DJ "JerzeyBoy"
1. Introduce yourself to the people and let them know how long u been grinding.
Giovanni Jerzeyboy Brown,and I've been doing music for about 9 years going on 10 I actually started out producing then went into DJing.
2. What made you want to become a dj?
Honestly what got me into DJing was "blends" I loved the blend tapes from DJs like Whoo Kid,Ron G.,Dj Juice,Dj Ty Boogie among others, I wanted to start making my own, and really just because of my love and knowledge of music.
3. Do you prefer the mixtape game or the club scene?
I love parties but I prefer the mixtape scene more now,because I can play what I want instead of having to play what everybody else wants to hear,I have played "Teach Me How To Dougie" 10 times in a row at one party before that's all they wanted to hear,that made me rethink ever doing parties again.
4. Whats the most memorable moment do you have so far in the industry?
That would Definitely be going to see Wu-Tang Clan at a show in Chicago I'm a Wu-Tang nerd that was one of the things I wanted to do in life go see them live in concert.
5. You get to play one song to get the party started, what is it?
Jazzy Onez "Shut Em Up Girl" it's a song from a rapper from my hometown of Bridgeton New Jersey the first time I played it,it got a big response and everybody wanted to get the song from me after that.
6. How often are you looking for new talent?
I'm always looking for talent right now I'm focused on promoting a R&B artist named Nitason his song "Supacool" is one of those I can see on the 106 And Park countdown.
7. Who are the artists your most rocking with right now?
Troy Ave,Fred The Godson,Action Bronson but most importantly my fam A-Statatus Music World Saeitaintso and Lyrik Asssassinz reppin the 618.
8. What can we expect from you in the future?
T.V.,clothing,magazines everything I might even sell some liquor like P.Diddy or something Jerzeyboy Radio is a brand name with endless possibilities I'm pushing to be more than just a DJ.
Keep up with DJ Jerzeyboy...
Twitter: @DJGJERZEYBOY
INSTAGRAM: Jerzeyboy856
Facebook: Giovanni Jerzeyboy Brown/JerzeyboyRadio Mixtapes

1 comment: