Monday, June 16, 2014

CHICAGO UNSIGNED HYPE INTERVIEW W/ AILITE MONEYMAN

Chicago EST.1837 recently caught up with rising artist "Ailite Moneyman"
1. Introduce yourself and what you stand for as an artist.
I am AILite (pronounced elite) Moneyman representing for Aurora, aka AUR city, the whole state of Illinois, and the Midwest region. I stand for being real, being you. That’s what I aim to do with my music, just be myself and make whatever kind of music I choose, whatever you hear from me you know “itsmoneyman”
2. What inspired you to pick up on the music hustle?
Music was my first love. When I was a kid, as far back as 3, I remember watching videos and performing the songs. It’s always been my dream to have a career in music and be considered amongst the greats.
3. Either from back in the day or now, what other artist have inspired you?
I’ve been most inspired by Jay-Z, T.I. and Kanye. Growing up I was one of the biggest Jay-Z fans you could find. Then Urban Legend and College Dropout came out the year I graduated high-school and really had a huge impact on the way I viewed music. Those were my biggest influences, but I loved any music I felt was quality music, regardless of genre.
4. Tell us about the pipeline of music coming out of your hometown.
Obviously, living close to Chicago I feel a part of all the great things the city is doing, but there’s a lot of talent coming out of Aurora as well. In addition to myself, I have a team of artists and producers that make up the AILite Music Gang. Besides AMG, there’s several movements that I respect and anticipate big things from.
5. How do you separate your self from other artists?
I think my work ethic and passion for the music separates me from a lot of other artists. I LOVE quality music, performing gives me a natural high, and I put in the work necessary to give a GREAT performance every time I step on a stage.
6. What can we expect from you in the near future?
I’m currently working on finishing an EP entitled “Making It Reign” to release later this summer. Expect to see videos for singles such as “Better Way” and “Stop It!” soon!
Follow Moneyman's Progress...
www.itsmoneyman.com
www.soundcloud.com/itsmoneyman
www.twitter.com/itsmoneyman
www.youtube.com/itsmoneymantv
www.facebook.com/midwestmoney

No comments:

Post a Comment