Monday, February 29, 2016

CHICAGO UNSIGNED HYPE INTERVIEW W/ "BILLS"

Chicago EST.1837 recently caught up with young rising Hip Hop artist & songwriter "Bills"
1. Can you introduce yourself to the people?
Its Ya boy Bills. Member of D.O.E
2. When did you decide to make a career of music, and what inspired that?
Probably within the last 3 years I've started taking it more serious. I mean before it was just a hobby. I've been writing and recording since a teen and it was just a way of expressing myself and having fun. But after years of honing my skills, I feel like I'm ready for the next level where I can touch peoples minds, hearts, and souls. I don't think I was ready during my earlier years. As I mature so does my music and practice makes perfect. I feel like I'm at the point where I'm ready mentally and musically.
3. Whats been the most memorable moment of your grind thus far?
The most memorable moment I would have to say would be my very first show. It was at Reggie's Rock Club. At the time my homie Y- Milli who I rap with, was in the army so I was solo. I had a 10 minute set. 3 songs. I was nervous as can be! I had a shot of liquor to take the edge off. The Dj called me up. Told me I had 2 minutes until I went on. quickest 2 minutes in my life! So I went out on stage introduced myself and the song then as soon as the song dropped I messed up the lyrics! I mean nobody noticed because nobody knew the song lol but I kept going and rocked the stage! Got a great applause from the crowd! That's when I knew this is what I wanted to do with my life!
4. How do you deal with writers-block?
The way I deal with writers-block is life. Anything that's going on or happening in my life or others around me life I use that as motivation. For example my song 100 percent. The second verse I drew a blank on. I had no idea what I was going to write about but the very next day my mother n law broke the news to us that her doctors found cancer in her breast. I was driving at the time she told me. I shed a few tears and by the time I got to work I knew what my second verse would focus on and I wrote it that very night.
5. Dead Or alive if you could feature with one artist, who & why?
I would actually say two artist. Kanye West and Kendrick Lamar. Both are musical genius to me. They make music they love and music that comes from the soul which is something I respect and admire.
6. What are you currently promoting or working on?
Currently I am Promoting my new song 100 Percent. Which I will be shooting a video for in the coming months so be on the look out for that. I'm always writing though and I always have new songs but I've learned that quality beats quantity any day.
7. Where do you see yourself the next 3-5 years?
I see myself making a living off of something I love doing. Which is music. Someone said that if you have a job doing what you love, you'll never work a day in your life and that's where I envision myself.
Follow His Progress....
IG: bills_4_president
Twitter bills4president
facebook.com/Day1Ent
soundcloud.com/day1entertainment

2 comments: