Thursday, December 17, 2015

GET TO KNOW A CEO- "DEVON BRABHAM" OF AMERICAN MONSTER GUILD

1. Introduce yourself and the Brands you run.
My name is Devon Brabham. I own and operate American Monster Guild, Inc., American Monster Guild Records and newly established Executive Order. I started American Monster Guild, but the nation knows of it as “AMG’, because of the essential need for independent artists to be developed, guided, and pushed into major success without adhering to the pitfalls of the major labels. I have been an A&R for major companies like Indie Music Factory/Ingrooves/Universal Music, and most recently A&R for Nation Noise, west coast division. My brands have given many artists a chance to earn income, and feed their families and their dreams. We have a strict application process, as I don’t accept any artists with good music. It has been my belief that it takes more than just good music, to become a major artist. With over 33 states around the United States of America and 3 countries screaming American Monster Guild and Executive Order, the country has embraced our vision and movement. I have been approached by several labels to bring my management concept to their companies, but as with everything in life, timing is everything.
2. Tell us how you got started & the inspiration behind it.
I started writing artists at the age of 12 years old. I have been underground penning rhymes for some of the world’s best artists. I never wanted to be in the limelight. However, after unfortunate events of my little brother passing five years ago, I believe that this is God’s plan. I started AMG and it spoke to the independent artists. I have been approach by few major artists for affiliation, but I love working with the independent artists. I have traveled the world and continue to look for artists who take their craft as serious as I do. My inspiration is to teach artists how to run their own individual brand the correct, legal way and earn income. I strive to encourage and teach upcoming artists to become legitimate artists and business owners.
3. What’s in your current playlist?
My current playlists, consists of Ace Hood, Big Sean, T.I.P., Drake, and Kendrick Lamar. Now, my playlist also has Young VIP, Jay Smoove, Rob Mack, Ec2rx, Explisit and DonWon FromdVille and FlowGod. If you don’t have or know who any of these young starts are get familiar.
4. What advice do you have for other hustlers like yourself?
Wow, first off they need to structure their [personal obligations in order to succeed. This industry is not for the faint or weak. There will be a lot of sacrifices and missed fun times, but the payoff is incredible. When an artist’s shows you his royalties and that’s without performing, it makes all of those long nights worth it. Make sure this is truly what you desire. Spend 2 years planning and marketing before you go public, the payoff will be huge.
5. What can we expect from you the rest of this year going into 2016?
Major distribution is solidified, scheduling two independent tours (30 states), and some incredible showcases around the country. You can look for AMG to be seen on a lot of major network channels. I’m excited for the 2016, because we have attracted a lot of venues attention, due to AMG packing clubs, and venues consistently since 2013. Appearances at SXSW, And A&R showcases throughout the year. And of course we are releasing some great material for everyone to purchase and support before we come to your city.
6. Where do you see yourself in 3-5 years?
Major music executive, AMG artists will become everyone’s favorite independent artists and I will have solidified the major label deal that I have planned and grinded so hard for. When you sleep, you dream in stages, just like success……It comes in stages.
Follow His Progress..
www.americanmonsterguild.com

No comments:

Post a Comment