Saturday, November 14, 2015

CHICAGO UNSIGNED HYPE INTERVIEW W/ BIANCA SHAW

Chicago Est.1837 Recently Caught Up With Talented Artist "Bianca Shaw"
1. Introduce yourself & what you stand for as an artist.
My name is Bianca Shaw I am Hip Hop Emcee, Singer, and Drummer from the west side of Chicago. As an artist, I strive to create a product that inspires and brings life. I like to work on music that touches the soul whether it's one line or the entire song that moves you. I struggled for a long time with what people would think, how would I infuse rock rap and R&B and still get people to listen? If people like you they will gravitate towards you, listen to your music and they want to know who you are. Once I stopped focusing what people would think I discovered myself and what I want to represent. Real life issues people deal with on a daily basis. Love, loss, hard times. Timeless music you can listen to ten years from now and the same feeling overcomes you.
2. What inspired you to become a serious about your craft?
What inspired me to become serious about my craft is being in an environment with so many hard working and talented artists. You can't help but to emulate your surroundings and want to improve in every way possible. I started going to the studio everyday just to be around and eventually started recording every week.
3. Rather dead or alive what artist would be a dream collaboration for you?
There are so many I would love to collab with but I will keep it simple and say Missy Elliot.
4. How do you deal with writers block?
I eat lots of snacks..leave it alone for a little while, and listen to various artists for inspiration. Really depends on the song I am writing when listening to artists.
5. Any projects, singles or videos we should be on the lookout for this year?
I have my first Album Titled Guns and Roses with a release date TBA. My single "Don't Want Me" is out now and available for download. Video is set to release in October. You can find Information when visiting Biancashaw.com
6. Where do you see yourself within this industry 3-5 years from now?
Where do I see myself in the industry 3-5 years from now is a tough one, I see myself not only as a female emcee but as a well known and respected artist and musician.
Follow Her Progress...
biancashaw.com

1 comment: