Tuesday, March 8, 2016

SPORTS: CALVIN JOHNSON ANNOUNCES RETIREMENT FROM NFL

One of the NFL’s greatest receivers is saying goodbye.
The Detroit Lions announced Tuesday that Calvin Johnson is retiring after nine seasons.
Johnson, 30, acknowledged earlier in the offseason he was considering walking away after battling injuries in recent years.
“After much prayer, thought and discussion with loved ones, I have made the difficult decision to retire from the Lions and pro football," Johnson said in a statement. "I have played my last game of football.
“Let me assure you that this was not an easy or hasty decision. As I stated, I, along with those closest to me, have put a lot of time, deliberation and prayer into this decision and I truly am at peace with it."
The six-time Pro Bowl selection and three-time first team all-pro finishes his career with 83 touchdowns and 11,619 yards on 731 catches, including 122 receptions for a record 1,964 yards in 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment