Wednesday, July 30, 2014

UNSIGNED HYPE INTERVIEW W/ JUICE KUMARI

Chicago EST.1837 recently caught up with female artist "Juice Kumari"
1. Introduce yourself and what you represent as a Brand?
JUICE Kumari means “Flava Princess”. Kumari is my middle name and is the Hindu name meaning Princess. I’m all about “sophisticated fun”, that is enjoying life whilst remaining classy and stylish.
2. Tell us when you can remember 1st falling in love with Hip Hop?
I first fell in love with Hip Hop when I was 12 years old. DMX “Party Up” was played everywhere lol.
3. What is the biggest misconception when it comes to female artists?
I think what is misconstrued is the actuality that we are human beings with feelings and emotions. When it comes to female artists, many are led to believe that we are “superwomen” with “flawless skin” and “fantastic bodies” only used as sex symbols. We are constantly trying to prove that we shouldn’t be taken advantage of, to prove that we can empower others and remain true to our values and beliefs and project this in a positive light.
4. How do you plan to market yourself to the public?
I plan to work on new and innovative marketing and promotional strategies that appeal in a way that I still remain current, fresh, real, honest and true in conjunction with catering to the needs of my fans.
5. Outside of music, what are some of your other interest?
I love working with young people. There’s a buzz that you get when you work with disadvantaged young people and it gets you thinking about how different generations do almost everything differently and how technology has played a massive part in the views of young people.
6. Where do u see yourself the next 3-5 years?
Ideally, I would like to see myself fulfilling my passions by living and enjoying life; touring and performing internationally; working with established artists in the music industry; and outreaching to young people.
Follow JUICE's Progress...
www.facebook.com/juicekumari2
www.twitter.com/JUICEKumari
www.instagram.com/JUICEKumari
www.soundcloud.com/juice-kumari
www.reverbnation.com/juicekumari

No comments:

Post a Comment