Wednesday, July 30, 2014

CHICAGO UNSIGNED HYPE INTERVIEW W/ JOVANNI ROSARIO

Chicago EST.1837 recently caught up with Up N Coming artist "Jovanni Rosario"
1. What inspired you to become an artist?
Back when i was growing up i was always into music whether it was me acting a fool of myself on camera just randomly rapping and dancing, or my grandfather teaching me how to play the piano..( he was a famous singer from Puerto Rico) music has always played a big role in my life, so i decided i wanted to try out something that has to do with music so i gave Hip-Hop a try.... still shocked till this day because i never knew i would or could make an impact like I'm doing now, IT'S CRAZY!!!!
2. How would you define your style of music?
My style of music is very versatile.... i can adapt to any beat whether its fast paced or slow paced... i definitely like to keep my music fresh and always new, no disrespect to any other artists out there, but nobody and i mean nobody wants to hear the same thing over and over and over again, so i always love to learn new things and add cool and unique different styles to my music... just me being half Puerto Rican and half Serbian plays a big part in it(guess you can say i have the best of both worlds).
3. Who are some of your musical influences?
Man o man o man do i have alot....my main musical influences are definitely (Eminem,Outkast,Nas,DMX,Snoop Dogg, mainly every artist from the 90's because i am a big 90's Hip-Hop Fanatic) all about that OLD SKOOL!!!!!
4. What has been your best/worse experience in the industry so far?
My best experience in the industry so far has got to be the love and support i get from all my fans man... i swear nobody gets the real meaning of fans like i do because they are the ones that keep me pushing myself to improve more and more and reach the top with much success... no lie but i got love for anybody and everybody that fucks with me because this has been a crazy journey so far that's starting to get better day by day....
My worst experience is seeing the real side of people... those that i thought that were down with me since the beginning when i first started, but ended up laughing at me behind my back and saying i will never amount to nothing and that i suck.... "thank y'all for the motivation that's what keeps me going".
5. Do you want to sign to a major label or stay indie? why?
To be completely honest no because nowadays labels don't even matter anymore.. ill rather do everything on my own and start my own label from the ground up then have some other company control me and steer me in the direction i know i wont be satisfied in... staying indie is my top choice right now.
6. What can we expect from you in 2k14?
BIG things will be expected this year, not only am i dropping my first debut most anticipated mixtape (FI-NI-TO) dropping August 17th but everyone can definitely expect more surprises like (special features, upcoming show announcements,photo shoots,more dope ass music videos, and definitely more raw talent produced) my number one goal is to make sure that, not only do i have the hottest freshman mixtape in my city, but also around the nation... so i've been working real hard, staying highly dedicated and passionate to make sure my actions speak louder than my own words....
Follow Jovanni's Progress...
www.facebook.com/EuroRican93
soundcloud.com/jovanni-rosario
twitter.com/EuroRican1993

No comments:

Post a Comment