Sunday, May 7, 2017

CHICAGO UNSIGNED HYPE INTERVIEW W/ YUNG NERVO

Chicago Est.1837 Recently Caught Up With Up N Coming Artist "Yung Nervo"
1. Can you introduce yourself to the people?
I go by the name Yung Nervo. I started rapping at an early age of 9 during the Cash Money era. I was born in Chicago but later moved to Virginia where I found out I had a knack for writing and producing music. I started producing at 12 years old and that same year I bought a preamp and microphone for home recording, then the rest is history.
2. When did you decide to make a career of music, and what inspired that?
I decided that I wanted to make music a career when I was in high school. I started off doing it for fun, but my family really pushed me and inspired me to go harder with the music.
3. Whats been the most memorable moment of your grind thus far?
My most memorable moment was being able to open up for Bo Deal and collaboring with him on numerous tracks. This meant a lot considering I had just moved back to Chicago with no fanbase or other support.
4. How do you deal with writers-block?
I usually just stop writing because if the lyrics don't flow then its not coming from the heart. I write from experiences so my best method is going out into the world soaking everything in, then leave all my emotions on the song.
5. Dead Or alive if you could feature with one artist, who & why?
I have to be cliche and say Tupac. He was multidimensional and more than just a rapper, but an artist.
6. What are you currently promoting or working on?
Currently I am just working on singles. I have an archive of songs that I've never put out, so later down the line I will pick the best from those and compile a project.
7. Where do you see yourself the next 3-5 years?
I see myself building a foundation and fanbase. I also see myself being the headliner for shows instead of the opening act.
Follow His Progress...
Facebook.com/YungNervo/

1 comment:

  1. Great interview. Marcus aka Yung Nervo, publicity is priceless. Be true to yourself and continue birthing the music & lyrics that are composed in your head. Show heart in your performances, always. Become the Master Storyteller in the tradition of Gill Scott-Heron and the Master harmonic genius of John Coltrane. Take the music to the level of Grammy excellence and beyond. Bravo!

    ReplyDelete