Wednesday, September 13, 2017

CHICAGO UNSIGNED HYPE INTERVIEW W/ J-OATS

Chicago Est.1837 Recently Caught With Rising Artist "J-Oats".
1. Can you introduce yourself to the people?
I'm J-Oats from the Westside of Chicago, Maywood to be exact.
2. When did you decide to make a career of music, and what inspired that?
I grew up surrounded by people in the entertainment business. I knew I wanted to be involved but I didn't know in what capacity. By the time I got to college, I decided I wanted to help aspiring acts get discovered. Then one day I was in the studio with an artist I was pushing and he asked me to jump on one of his songs. He knew I've been writing poems, raps, and even occasional R&B verses since grade school. I recorded the verse and shortly after we performed the record at his mixtape release party. From that moment on knew I wanted to be an artist. That performance changed the course of my life.
3. Whats been the most memorable moment of your grind thus far?
Hands-down rocking the main stage at House of Blues Chicago with a live band. All I could think about is how I watched Jay Z on this very same stage whit his band and the House of Blues logo behind Tupac while he performed "How Do You Want It". The experience was all around dope.
4. How do you deal with writers-block?
I'm blessed to have a group of friends that very talented artist as well. So when I'm battling writers-block I tend to take the focus off of myself. I may go to one of their studio sessions, or just listen to the new stuff they're working on. Being able to witness the making quality content somehow gives me the motivation to go create quality content of my own. I've always viewed writers-block as a lack of motivation to produce, but when you're surrounded by that energy in the studio or someone's creative process it rubs off quickly.
5. Dead Or alive if you could feature with one artist, who & why?
I thought I would never say this publicly, but why not? For years now, I wanted to do an update version of "My Prerogative" with Bobby Brown. I had this thought way before the New Edition biopic. I don't know really don't know why either LOL. If I had to guess, I would assume it's because I was such a huge fan of that record when I was growing up.
6. What are you currently promoting or working on?
I'm currently feeding the people a series of singles. I have a single out now, Son of Simon (Loyalty), available for streaming the top major digital platforms. The video for "Son of Simon(Loyalty) is on Youtube currently as well. I'm putting the finishing touches on my follow-up single and video. Just building momentum before I start working on my debut project.
7. Where do you see yourself the next 3-5 years?
In the next 3-5 years I see myself on tour with charting records. Hopefully, that debut project that's I mentioned earlier will be at least 85% complete if not released yet. I also see myself exploring other business opportunities that will have been afforded to me because of what I've been able to accomplish musically.
Follow His Progress...
instagram.com/j_oats
facebook.com/JOatsMusic
twitter.com/J_Oats
info@j-oats.com

No comments:

Post a Comment