Monday, November 3, 2014

CHICAGO UNSIGNED HYPE INTERVIEW W/ JILLA

Chicago EST.1837 recently caught up with young rising Hiphop artist "Jilla"
1. Introduce yourself and what you stand for as an artist.
I go by the name Jilla for those who may not know me. What I stand for as an artist is innovation and creativity. I try to stay in my own lane as far as music and the culture goes.
2. Where are you from and what is the music scene like there?
I'm from Rockford, IL, about 60 miles north of Chicago. The music scene here is very diverse, a lot of talented rappers and singers to say the least. My city is filled with potential.
3. What aspect of the music making process excites you the most & why?
Recording the actual song is the process that excites me the most. I still get nervous when I record, and I guess that's because I take pride in my craft and enjoy every minute of it.
4. How do you feel about the way the internet & digital sales matter the most in music nowadays?
The Internet and digital sales play a pivotal role in music nowadays. We're in an era where physical CD sales are at an all time low, and everyone is buying music via iTunes and Google Play. The Internet is important because that is the main way fans and label reps discover new talent, whether it be YouTube, or other social media tools such as Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
5. Dream collaboration Rather another artist or producer.
My dream collaboration would most likely be Jeezy. I've been a fan of his for quite some time, and his energy is inspiring.
6. What's the future hold for you as an artist and overall brand?
My team and I are just trying to take the music and my brand to the next level. I'm trying to get recognized on a national platform and make new relationships with different people in this industry. We came to shift the culture!
Follow Jilla's Progress...
SoundCloud @Jilla_815
Twitter @Jilla_815
Instagram @Jilla_815
YouTube /Jilla815

No comments:

Post a Comment