Wednesday, January 28, 2015

UNSIGNED HYPE INTERVIEW W/ SONNY

Chicago EST.1837 recently caught up with young rising Australian Hiphop artist 'Sonny'
1. Introduce yourself & what you stand for as an artist.
My Name is Sonny Stojanovic and I am a hip hop Artist from Queensland Australia. I just want to show the world that regardless of where you come from we can all make great music together and give people something to listen too.
2. What inspired you to become a serious indie artist?
When I was 4 years old I started hip hop dancing and after seeing Michael Jackson do the moon walk that’s all I wanted to do, being around music my hole life I started to want to make the music and perfume the music not just dance to it. It wasn’t until one my friends Jacob Rohde who is my music producer moved in with me we and started getting serious. Set up our home studio. After hearing the first tracks we made together I realized this could actually be a possibility and ever since then I haven’t stop striving to be the best.
3. What is the HipHop scene like in your country?
The HipHop scene in Australia is not big at all, I mean a lot of people listen to it But there’s not many people making the sound im looking for, a lot of it is Aussie hip hop witch is different to what im trying to achieve.
4. Name a few artists that you've worked with state side.
In regards to working with people with-in Australia the list is small. Jacob and I make our own music. Working across the globe tho I have worked with Young Chop, Johnny May Cash, King 100 James and are still making music with ChopSquad. I’m open to working with everybody and im open to trying new things and sounds.
5. Are there any projects, big singles or visuals we should be looking out for?
Im working on releasing my fist mix tape hopefully by mid year with a few singles off it coming soon. Look out for “Curve It” and “Like Me’ dropping real soon. I Also have a bunch of music dropping with ChopSquad this year.
6. Where do you see yourself within the industry the next 3-5 years?
Well im currently unsigned and im hopeing to defiantly change that with in the next few years or have my music herd more to keep pushing independently. Either way im not slowing down.
Follow Sonny's Progress....
Instagram: @sonnystoj
Twitter: @sonnystojanovic
SoundCloud: Sonny Music

No comments:

Post a Comment