Friday, February 28, 2014

CHICAGO UNSIGNED HYPE INTERVIEW W/ "SPRKS"

Chicago EST.1837 recently caught up with young rising Hiphop artist "Sprks"
1. How old are you? When did you fall in love with Hip Hop?
I'm 21 years old, and I fell in love with hip hop when I was around 6 or 7 years old listening to master P, do or die and twista, and outkast.
2. Who are some of your musical influences?
Im real big on outkast, the lyrical content they have influences me. Im also influenced by twista, kendrick lamar, and flo rida.
3. What obstacles have you encountered being a serious artist?
As an artist its an obstacle everyday because somebody always wants your spot but the biggest obstacle I faced is taking a lost financially. Working with people who say they have the means and connects to get you where you need to be, but when it comes down to it they can't deliver.
4. What can we expect from Sprks music brand in 2014?
It's going to be alot of networking and a different sound. My mixtape Transition will be dropping this year, so expect good music and alot of work being put into shows and videos.
5. How do you feel about the Chicago music scene?
I think Chicago is putting in work right now from drill music to acid rap. Its a sound here that's not coming from anywhere else, and I know the spotlight is on us.
6. If you could sign with a label, or stay independent, which? and why?
That's a hard question. Im all about making music, I haven't really thought to hard about a specific label. I do like Grand Hustle and TDE though. I feel like both camps have good quality artist that put out good quality music, and I feel that one of them would be a good place for me, but im also not against the idea of staying independent.
Keep up with Sprks and his grind.
@SprksLightinUp
www.darealsparks.com
soundcloud.com/sparkslightinup

No comments:

Post a Comment