Friday, November 11, 2016

UNSIGNED HYPE INTERVIEW W/ BLVCK JD

Chicago EST.1837 recently caught up with young rising hiphop artist "BLVCK JD"
1. Can you introduce yourself to the people?
Hey what’s going I go by the name of BLVCK JD some just call me JD I’m a 21 year old artist from Wisconsin straight out of the Valley. I’ve been making music since I was about 9 years old looking up to artist like Usher, T.I., and local artist GRAMZ and Lil Fred. Since I was young I was known for my high energy, dancing and creativity which I believe helps open my mind on the music I make or write.
2. When did you decide to make a career of music, and what inspired that?
Funny you ask I honestly started to take music serious as far back as 8 months ago, I had went thru certain changes in my life that inspired me to fall back on my first love before basketball which was music. I would have to say the biggest inspiration is my family I work to give my family a better life, full of experiences that one can only imagine.
3. What’s been the most memorable moment of your grind thus far?
The most memorable moment of my grind thus far would have to be my first show In Dallas,Texas. Going to Dallas for my first time as an artist was a eye opener and a great experience breaking down nerves and filling myself with ambition.
4. How do you deal with writers-block?
Two ways to cure writers block and that’s to either roll or simply take a break which I find a lot of the time very helpful. But still even with that break its always time to roll up.
5. Dead Or alive if you could feature with one artist, who & why?
Dead or alive hmmm…. If I could collaborate with one artist it would have to be Drake reason why I feel he is the greatest today at what he does and I think it would be a humbling and great learning experience. And of course because we gone drop the hottest track of the century. Not to mention i love the way he connects emotions with his emotions I think it make it very intriguing for the listener.
6. What are you currently promoting or working on?
As of Sept, 11th I had just released my first mixtape “Now Or Never” which is now available on soundcloud, blvckjd.com, and GetRightMusic.com I am currently working on a few upcoming singles and visuals and a few collaborations with artist by the name of Jon Jon and Mazzo.
7. Where do you see yourself the next 3-5 years?
In the next 3-5 years I see myself building off my own brand FCMD emerging through the media making recognition for myself as the BLVCK JD.
Follow His Progress...
http://www.blvckjd.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment