Sunday, July 24, 2016

CHICAGO UNSIGNED HYPE INTERVIEW W/ RAPPERSCALLMEVEGA

Chicago EST.1837 recently caught up with young rising hiphop artist "RappersCallMeVega"
1. Can you introduce yourself to the people?
I'm Just another hungry artist that came from nothing,not to sound too much like a cliche. I'm Cheryl and Juans son aka Rapperscallmevega. I was Born on the east side of Chicago heights and was bounced around homes due to parents failed marriage and mutiple evictions. Don't get me wrong, I come from a loving family, 3 brothers and a sister. It's just sometimes the struggle can fuck a family up. Eventually my rebellious ways got me kicked out the crib beginning of high school. I want to say music saved my life but that's far from the truth. I wouldn't have made it this far if it wasn't for my first son Kenyuan. Knowing little man was on his way made me have to pull my pants up and prioritize. I've been structured and focused every since.
2. When did you decide to make a career of music, and what inspired that?
Back in middle school my homie Fresh was always battling in the bathroom in between every class. You would've thought they were fighting in there with all the noise from the crowd. They used to do 2 on 2s and one day his guy missed school. So during class I wrote some shit. Next period I slid him the raps like, bro read this. He said lets do it and after that nothing could stop us.
3. Whats been the most memorable moment of your grind thus far?
Definitely a club called Signature gets that credit. Black owned business,beautiful layout,but terrible location. My homie Kash used to do security for the owner so we got access off that relationship. He gave us every Saturday to do us. We turned that ghost town into the place to be. We made it open mic night giving other artist the chance to network and compete. Never had one fight nor a shooting over there. Everybody felt that positive energy and got along. Plus our people was out heavy every night supporting hard once we jumped on stage. That unity and consistency is definitely the most memorable moment thus far.
4. How do you deal with writers-block?
The key to writers-block is having your own in-home studio. This is a must for every artist. Whenever u got something cooking you can go record it immediately. Once I finish that track I usually still have some fire in me so I knock out about 3-4 more tracks same day.I have over 100 songs ready to release and/or sell. I don't really deal with writers-block because of the ability to record when I'm ready and not worry about a budget for the time limit. Then when it's time to put something out, I just bring the session to the big studio for mixing.
5. Dead Or alive if you could feature with one artist, who & why?
That's a tough one. The 80's baby in me is thinking Hov. Shit we all wanted a verse from Hov. But the business man in me has to go with Chris Brown. My favorite songs all got R&B vocals for the hook. It adds more feeling to the beat. If me and buddy put one together shit would be legendary guaranteed. Not to mention all the money it would generate.
6. What are you currently promoting or working on?
Right now I'm promoting the OUT THE BLUE EP. I chose the name OUT THE BLUE because that is when it will drop. Currently you can find a few tracks off of the project on iTunes and Google Play including the sexy new single "Round Two" featuring the homie Fresh and vocals by Mere. Just search RappersCallMeVega. Also Subscribe to DAKASHLYFETV on YouTube. That is my go to video production team and we are currently finishing 2 videos off of the project that will be dropping within the weeks.
7. Where do you see yourself the next 3-5 years?
In the next 3-5 years I see my self remaining happy. I already have a steady foundation as far as life goes. I have A Beautiful lady, wonderful children, loyal homies, God has me feeling blessed. Hard work and focus is only going to open more doors for me. Plus Show keeps plugging me on these big stages and they're only going to get bigger.
Follow His Progress...
facebook.com/VEGAvsKENFO
twitter.com/VegaVsKenfo

No comments:

Post a Comment