Tuesday, February 9, 2016

UNSIGNED HYPE INTERVIEW W/ RAY GOTTIE DON DOTTA

Chicago Est.1837 Recently Caught Up With Rising Hype "Ray Gottie"
1. Can you introduce yourself to the people?
Yeah what's up my name is Ray Gottie Don dotta.
2. When did you decide to make a career of music, and what inspired that?
I've been writing and producing music since I was 13 years old. I've honestly been inspired from a number of different things. My biggest inspiration came from family, my older cousin used to be a preteen rapper and at the age of 13 she won the biggest local talent competition in thr city and even went on to perform at the Detroit Pistons game during Half Time. At such a young age that had a big influence on my decision to take music seriously.
3. Whats been the most memorable moment of your grind thus far?
Oh man that's a hard question... Honestly the most memorable part of my grind would have to be when I went to SXSW. I've opened up for artist before... Major and not so major. I've done shows in different cities and States but SXSW was one of the biggest music experiences I have ever witnessed. Not only were there Major hip hop moguls but music moguls of all genres all in one city linking up, networking, and performing all in one spot. It was amazing.
4. How do you deal with writers-block?
I usually just listen to music from different genres listen to some of my old music or get on one of my social media outlets( facebook Instagram or Twitter) check all of my notifications and talk to some people who actually enjoy my music.
5. Dead Or alive if you could feature with one artist, who & why?
Honestly I'm really into the producers more then artist nowadays. Don't get me wrong I would love a feature with Notorious b.i.g Gucci future Wayne Drake or whatever but one feature doesn't give you longevity and I'm really into that. I believe that having multiple key producers to help create and modify your sound would definitely help keep music relevant so I would have to say 808 mafia.
6. What are you currently promoting or working on?
I'm currently working on multiple different projects 3 of them are already finished im just getting the campaign together for them. In the mean time you can check out my latest singles on my soundcloud.
7. Where do you see yourself the next 3-5 years?
In the next three to five years if I'm not im not a moderately or majorly successful artist in the industry I can see myself becoming a engineer/producer a manager or someone that has some type of major role in industry. Cant let all of this knowledge go to waste ya know?
Follow His Progress...
Soundcloud.com/raygottie
Twitter @raygottie
Facebook.com/raygottiemusic
IG raygottiedondotta

No comments:

Post a Comment